It feels like forever since I’ve done a ten on Tuesday post, but it’s nice to get back into the swing of things.
1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I have an iphone and yes, I love it! I was never a part of the original iphone craze, I didn’t stand in line for one and frankly for a while there I could care less. In fact, when I went in to get a new phone, I went in for something else. The reason I ended up with this is because it could do so much for just 50 bucks more. It’s been well worth it and has handled like a champ through all of my beatings. Sadly though, I think I might have to upgrade later this year to the newer one.
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
Probably 16 or 17. It was before the time when they were permanently attached to you and hadn’t yet replaced spoken word. “Idk, my bff Jill?”
3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
4. I upgrade every two years or so and usually only out of necessity. .
4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
I’m on a family plan with the pops so I think my part is $55 a month between data and texting. We have so many rollover minutes that it’s ridiculous, we’ll never go through them all.
5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
Oh me and the phone when I was a teenager. I tend to block this craptastic period of time from my stream of consciousness. I wasn’t technically allowed one, but I managed to jerry-rig my own together and sneak it. Yes, I was rebellious.
6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
When you’re a teenager it’s what you do. Now I spend all day on the phone so the only time I talk on the phone for personal use is out of necessity or dating. I’d say I’m somewhere in between with a love-hate relationship. I hate it during the summer though because you desperately need a headset or else it sticks to your face.
7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
I would say I’m a medium texter. I like it, it’s there, I make use of it. I’m a bigger offender probably when I’m dating someone. You can get pulled over and fined in Washington & Oregon for texting & driving and for non-hands free calls while driving. I plead the 5th on my on preclusions and often forget my headset so I just talk with it on speakerphone while resting the phone on my chest. It’s still hands free.
8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
Touch screen. I like it. Every phone takes a bit of time to get used to, this one was no different.
9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
My last call was one I made at 10 o’clock at night for my dad. He couldn’t figure out how to call into his voicemail and clear it out. Sometimes I have to laugh and remember he can be like every other agent. Most of my calls are with moomoo in the mornings (hello, radio show! “Have you heard his morning show, Wake Up With Phlegm?”) or on the way home from work. It’s how we roll.
10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
God only knows. I do remember being a dumbass and waiting when one person put me on hold and forgot and another person fell asleep. What the hell was I thinking? I later got smart and just started hanging up on people, hehe. Ahhh, the younger years.