1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?
My first question to people is what they like or are looking for. I love The Shack and Pillars of the Earth.
2. Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?
I buy books. I love books. I love owning books. One day, I shall have a library sitting area in my home. The library is amazing, but I’d have to give it back. I love halfprice.com and Powell’s – a local treat.
3. E-readers, yay or nay?
Thus far I am a nay. I hear lots of yays, but I am not a convert. I love the feel and smell of books.
4. What was your favorite book as a child?
The Lorax! And it is still my favorite. If I were around kids though, I’d also HIGHLY recommend The Rainbow Goblins (the illustrations are beautiful!) and The Black Book of Colors (it teaches seeing kids what it might be like not to see through braille and raised pictures).
5. If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
I have no idea. The end.
6. What book would you love to see turned into a movie?
I’m generally not a huge fan of books into movies. In fact, most of the reason I like the movies that were books is because I never read the books originally so I have no pre-biased opinion.
7. What is your all-time favorite book?
The Outsiders, Pillars of the Earth (though World Without End was awesome too), The Shack. I don’t really have just one. I love several for different reasons.
8. How many books do you read at once?
One if I’m lucky. Usually zero. (Ditto)
9. What is your favorite book genre?
Chick lit. I like to laugh and I don’t really like to think.
10. Which Harry Potter book is the best? Or haven’t you read them at all?
See question 6.