1. Do you cook? And if so, what got you started?
It was a combination of myself and my mom. I’ve always admired my mom and envied her ability to cook. I also got to a point where I realized that I was responsible for what was going in my mouth and I wanted it to be good. I heard of all of these dishes that sounded great and wanted to learn how. I’m still teaching myself though, it’s a patient process.
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
Not on purpose, someone bought me a subscription to Cook’s. It’s a nice magazine, but it’s over my head right now. .
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Umm, butter and/or garlic?
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Avocados. I love guacamole now. Asparagus. Who knew? Sweet potatoes. Yum!
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
Sweet potato brownies? I also sort my m&m’s out by color and two’s.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
I’m still learning to be experimental. Last night it was a shallot and turkey sausage. First time for both.
7. Do you have any major food allergies?
No, just things I don’t like. I might as well be allergic to fish (except tuna) and oysters/muscles.
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
Crab? Egggplant? I’d like to try crabs but don’t really know how to go about it. And I think my next adventure after the challenge will be eggplant parmesan. There are things I’m intimidated by, but I general try to push myself with them anyway, otherwise I’ll never figure it out.
9. Do you bake?
Yes. More so in the last year or two. There’s all of this good stuff out there and I don’t want to buy it, I want to be able to say I made it.
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
Ya know, I got to so no. None of them. I don’t cook well under pressure. I’d rather go on Martha and just learn how.